Friday 6 November 2020

Autumn Bags




Here are some bags I made for a mini-event I hosted in my back garden last weekend! 

For the last few years, my best friend and I and our grown-up daughters have attended a fashion and beauty show in London with 'Vips' tickets, which included a fabulous goody bag stuffed with products. 
Of course, this year it couldn't be held.  So we decided to organise a get-together and use the money saved to create our own goody bags - we bought four of everything and my son packed them for us into the bags I'd made so that it'd be a surprise. The products in the goody bags were the best ever! 

So anyway, I made the actual bag to put it all in, using plain ready-made cotton bags. I masked a square and stamped using three wood block stamps  (Stampin Up, Hero and PSX) and added a touch of colour with two ink sprays. Then I used my Silhouette electronic cutter and a heat press to add the words 'still vips' (which is the name of our Whatsapp group). 

For Covid regulations reasons we had to stay in the garden and the day before it was chucking down with rain and was even drizzling earlier on in the morning. But by the time my guests arrived it had dried up and the weather was mild and we sat drinking Prosecco cocktails in our coats and had a fabulous time. 

I'd like to enter:
Country View Challenges  anything but a card 





11 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful idea and love the bags.

AlisonC said...

These are beautiful and perfect for the time of year.

TK said...

Wonderful bags, and so sweet of you to make/fill them under the circumstances. The garden party sounds like a great time

Karen Brown said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this idea! Your bag is beautiful and I love the surprise factor of getting a goodie bag from loved ones. Well done! Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Michelle W said...

Your bags are amazing and what a great idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Sue said...

These are fabulous, and what a great idea! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Take care and have a crafty week, Sue xx

Created by Kath said...

Love the bags! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath- DT

Ros Crawford said...

Sorry you had to miss your event but I bet you still had fun! Those bags are fabulous... I'm curious as to what was in them

Mac Mable said...

Now that sounded like tons of fun and well done you on improvising x.

Dawn Phillips said...

I'm glad you still got to have your get together in these difficult times. Your bags are awesome. I'm sure they will be treasured for years to come. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

Evelyn Walter said...

Such a great idea and your bags are really beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts.
Evelyn xx