Friday 11 September 2020

Fun Run

 

This Sunday my son will have his first football (soccer) match in months. Ages ago, one of the other mums invited us to her 50th birthday party which would have been last weekend but, of course, it had to be cancelled. So I had to send her this card. I chose the theme because she likes (or forces herself!) to go for a run while the boys are warming up. 

To make the 'bridge' or 'u-fold' card, I followed some really clear instructions found here.  I cut the shapes on the Silhouette , using some svg files from my library and creating the runner using clip art. I used a home-made stencil to make the cloud background and stamped the sentiment. 

I'd like to enter:

The Spot

Moving Along with the Times  scene

Seize the Birthday 

As you Like it  my fave stencils are cloud ones as you can use them on so many projects


11 comments:

Beccy said...

Your card is fabulous Marina, you did a great job following the tutorial! I love your take on the design, it was clever to add the hill and jogger along the front. Love the sunburst with the big 5-0 too. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Claire said...

Ooh a bridge card, I've been toying with ideas for this type of card for ages now and you've made a fantastic scene. I love the lady silhouette with her ponytail, it's fab x

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the fold you used.

Donna said...

What a stunning card, like that it is tailored to her, she will appreciate that! Nice gold and scene!

Maria said...

What a fun bridge card for your friend who loves to run! I’m sure she appreciated the wonderful card!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

It’s a super card and I like how your cats gets into your crafting too!

Lindsey said...

That must have been a quick finger on the camera to get the cat and card together before the card was knocked over! (I'm guessing based on experience...) What a terrific scene you've created! Love the fun fold design, too. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

Pia S said...

The fold adds that ‘something little extra’ to the design, which seems to be spot on for the recipient as well.

Barbara said...

Great inspiration for your friend's 50th birthday card. I am sure that she loved that you recognized her achievements. Thank you for taking the time to share with us at Seize the Birthday this challenge.
Barbara DT

Zoe Tant said...

Perfect card for your friend and hope your boys had a great match. it's been too long for us all wanting to do some good team games especially children. thanks for joining us a MAWTT, we love your card too. Zoe DT x

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card, love the fold design
Thanks for joining our As You like It challenge this time
Lorraine x