Sunday 2 August 2020

The Library Challenge - The Fault In Our Stars



The new book at The Library , is The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.
11870085
I read this book last year - it's Young Adult fiction about teenage cancer survivors and it's clever and entertaining. 

For my first card (top) I was inspired by the title and the cover. At first glance it might appear to be a new baby card, but look at the sentiment..... This was a commission from my daughter who is a midwife and wanted a congratulations card for her colleague who's been promoted in the maternity department. The stork and clouds were cut on Silhouette digital cutter , the stars are a dry embossing folder and the 'shine' sentiment is from a Pinkfresh set. 

I'd like to enter:
Aud Sentiments wings 


For my second card, I was inspired by the clouds and chalkboard effect on the cover- again, all cut with Silhouette. 
I'd like to enter:
Allsorts  masculine 

14 comments:

Helen said...

Great cards, Marina! I love the simplicity of you cards and your clever designs that make them so eye-catching! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! Take care! 🙂

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

Fantastic! I love seeing the inspiration for cards. The textured background is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles challenges.

Claire said...

That's a great book cover and your cards replicate it so well. I like the falling stars behind the stork and the fun clouds on your second card x

Donna said...

Two great cards that are perfect for The Library. Both soft and soothing.

TK said...

I haven't read the book but I have seen the movie -- love it! As for your inspiration? Two perfect choices for your wonderful cards

brenda said...

A great design for a masculine card, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Masculine' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Dawn T said...

very pretty card, Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

Wendy L said...

Super design, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Tristan said...

Cute card Marina. Love how you interpreted the book cover and the texture you've added to your sky. Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT.

Vicky Hayes said...

I am finding the Library Challenge so exciting! I love both your cards but especially the second with the brilliant clouds and chalkboard effect. I saw this book on a display today which is a weird coincidence! Vicky x

NanaConnie said...

Both of the cards are lovely, Marina! I really like that stork. :-D I'm so glad to see you playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at QKR Stampede this month. Thanks for supporting us and good luck in the draw. :-D
NanaConnie DT

Ros Crawford said...

That's a super card for your daughters friend... so apt and the second card couldn't represent the book cover more perfectly!

Lori Turner said...

Great cards, Marina! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxox

Mummylade said...

Such wonderful creations! Thank you for entering our Male challenge at Allsorts and good luck.