Sunday 21 June 2020

Circles Twofer

The Twofer Challenge theme this month is circles , so I decided to make some cards and combine them with other challenges.


The stamp I used was a very old wood-backed stamp by Hero Arts. As I'm writing this I'm starting to query my choice of stamp - are they circles or spots? Is a spot a circle? It's circular! Once again, I agonise over my eligibility to enter challenges that I've made cards specifically for! (See more later , for the tree card!)

My first stamp has a bubble tea theme, using Mama Elephant stamps.  As I used solid and outline stamps , I am entering Less is More , and also linking up at Addicted to Stamps.  Also just seen Color My Heart Dare - will enter that too.



So now I come to my next bout of agonising over suitability.... I chose the colours of my second card to enter Just Us Girls (turquoise, kraft and white) but in the photo the glitter card looks more blue than turquoise! Honestly, it's more turquoise in real life, albeit a darker turquoise than some of the DT cards.

Anyway, for this card , I turned the circle stamp the other way and stamped and embossed it multiple times. The tree is a cutting file, cut on the Silhouette and the sentiment is Stampin Up.

I'd also like to enter this into Fezziwigs Festive Frolics  (photo below) and Christmas Craft Creations. 
80+ DIY Christmas Decorations - Easy Christmas Decorating Ideas

18 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Two great cards, love how you used the stamp in both cards.

Kathyk said...

Two super makes for LIM, Twofer etc

Kathyk

Zoechaos said...

It is simple, they both work and boy do they work. Those dots/circles/bubbles are fantastic the other elements and colours on the two cards are just right well done. x

A.Rose said...

Love what you did with our challenge. Thanks for joining Color My Heart Color Dare!

Pia S said...

Spots and circles, is there a difference?? I’ve got no clue, really, but I’ve akways thought if spots as small circles. To me the cards seem to fit the challenges they’re made for. The birthday card looks fresh and summery in yellow. A trendy Christmas card, clean and beautifully sparkly.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Your cards are both lovely, I love the CAS feel to them both. Loving the glitter effect on the festive one. Thanks for sharing with me over on Fezziwigs Festive Frolics, Hazelxx

Darnell said...

I try to be pretty lenient with the interpretation of the prompt words, Marina. In this case, I agree with you that circles, bubbles, spots, and dots are all pretty much the same thing, but that would make a really long prompt badge, lol! Your circles stamp was a great choice behind your bubble tea and sediment - great fun and I love the yellow! It also makes an awesome background on your pretty turquoise Christmas tree design! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #28! Keep well. Hugs, Darnell

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the simplicity of your card, and gotta get out and get a boba soon...haven't had one since the stay at home. Fun card and thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Lynne said...

Two fabulous cards. I love the solid and outline design for our challenge. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More, Lynne x

Anita in France said...

Those spots look awfully bubbly to me, Marina ... what a great twofer! The shimmery Christmas tree is fabulous against the bright 'snow' ... and how fun is that zesty looking, bubbly background for your drink! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely pair of cards, Marina and being a sucker for a punny sentiment, I particularly love the first one. Love the textured background too!
Thanks for playing along with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Rachelle Oltean said...

WOW! I love this graphic card design and I think it's perfect for both challenges! I can see the turquoise tree complementing this color palette and I like your offset placement for the sentiment strip! Lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge!
Rachelle DT : )

Mac Mable said...

The circles/spots look great to me. Very different cards and both fabulous and creative x.

Cat Nowak said...

Great cards! I love the how cheerful the yellow makes your card! Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare.

Macimbalo said...

Lovely use of the colors! Thanks so much for sharing at JUGS!

Susan Renshaw said...

Two great cards!
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan
Color My Heart Color Dare
Challenges

Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Izzy Scrap said...

Two fabulous card, Marina ! I’m totally fan of your take on our challenge. What a great idea to use the circles as background for your outlined glass. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

Lady Joyful said...

Great designs! I love the glittery tree for your second card. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT