Sunday 22 July 2018

Guest Designer for Lasting Memories - You are My Favourite

It's my final layout as Guest Designer at Lasting Memories  - what wonderful hosts they've been!

Anyway, this layout is a bit of a weird one ... the challenge is to scrap one of your favourite things. I love reading and so I decided to scrap one of the best books I've read this year- Station Eleven by Emily St.John Mandel.

Here's the journalling:

I love to read and Station Eleven is one
 of the most memorable books I’ve read this
 year. It’s a novel about an apocalypse and
 its aftermath. This layout incorporates some
 of the themes from the book : a performance
of King Lear, a space-themed comic book, an
 airport, surviving in a post-technological
 world and the motto ‘Survival is Insufficient.’
 I must say, this was really fun to make! I'd love to see you scrap something that is your favourite. 

Lasting Memories
I'd like to enter:
The Studio Challenges big shapes
Bimini Moose 

3 comments:

Natalie Dill said...

LOVE this page! I have heard good things about that book, I should put it on my TBR. What a great layout!

Janis Lewis said...

Wonderful layout! Thanks for joining us at Bimini Moose Scrapbook Chs.

Pia S said...

Sounds like a book I should read. A challenging theme it sounds like, but you nailed it.