Sunday 18 February 2018

The Library Challenge - Pride and Prejudice Project 2

This is my second project for my new challenge The Library Challenge, where I'm inviting you to take inspiration from the book Pride and Prejudice.

Image result for pride and prejudice cover

So I admit, I'm a big fan of this book and have been since I was about fourteen years old and watched a TV adaptation of it. I read the book after watching the TV series and have read it several times since. Yes, the storyline is hopelessly romantic but Jane Austen is such a witty writer that I don't think the story ever gets too old. 

I had great fun making this card. First I found a silhouette on the web and traced it in Silhouette Studio. I added the quote and cut the figures out on the Silhouette cutter. Then I downloaded a PDF copy of the book , printed off an excerpt (the proposal ), coloured it with antique linen ink and stuck it behind the negative cut. Finally, I added ink blots (Visible Image) . 

I would love you to come over to the challenge blog and find out more about the challenge and enter your own project. 

I'd like to enter:
Crafty Cardmakers  love and romance
Little Red Wagon  luuurve 
Aloha Friday  love
Naughty or Nice  all loved up
AAA Cards  die cuts
Casology  together
Addicted to Stamps  cas


Kitty Bee Designs

23 comments:

Sarah said...

Holidays of the kids here and always a full house, so I didn' t check CCCB. Thank you for your message!
I missed a lot here. I like the card for your daughter a lot. Goodbye!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

How creative! I love how you added the actual book page. Lovely design.

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along at Naughty or Nice - hopefully I'll find time to join you in the library this week! Jo x

Ros Crawford said...

Very clever and so effective!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

This is an amazing card, Marina! I thought you used an old book page. You did a great ink blending to achieve this effect. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

Furrbster said...

What a great idea! Love the effect,

Hugz Tinz

Liz said...

A very clever design, Marina. Love your first card for the Library Challenge too. xx

karen h said...

Awesome card! Love the people as windows to the text! Thanks for joining us at CASology! {Now I'm off to check out a new challenge!}

Jane said...

Such a creative use of a die cut and you aged the page briliantly. Thanks for joining in with the current AAA Cards Challenge.

Anna Uhras said...

Beautiful and very clever!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CASology! Anna xo

JanR said...

Great card! Such a neat design. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Pia S said...

This is brilliant use of a negative cut and I like how the patterned paper is used for the open space and not the panel above. Romantic and original design!

laurie said...

So creative..what a great idea!

Craftychris said...

Love this! Romantic and arty - so clever too! xxx

Creations by Shirl said...

Great card! TFS it with KBD Aloha Friday challenge~

Lindsey said...

There's a Library Challenge... eek!!! Will check it out as soon as I finish writing how elegant and classy this card is. Perfect for Pride and Prejudice. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

Ã…saJ said...

Cool design! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Ã…sa

Mac Mable said...

So creative and the silhouette is fabulous with the text behind x

Monika Reeck said...

soo adorable
elegant
unique
and the idea is clever
will do this on my card too
great card miss lady
I love this
Many thanks for joining us at ATSM this time
sorry for the late comment :)
hugs
Monika

Donna said...

Very creative, unique and beautiful!

Gwendolyn said...

I lOVE that book too and the film too. Have you seen the Bollywood version called Bride and Prejudice? Thats a fun movie too! Your card really captures the essence of the book and great use of your Silhouette machine! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More and we hope to see more of your beautiful creations soon! Hugs Gwendolyn

Nonni said...

Fantastic take on the challenge. I'll definitely enter -next week is winter hols from work so I'll have extra crafting time on my hands! I really like the book page peeking through the die cut silhouettes.

crafty said...

Very clever idea. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers.
Mary