Saturday 19 August 2017

Cherchez La Die Cut


This card is not quite as I planned it. I cut the WISH out on the Silhouette, intending to use the cut out letters. I put them back into the negative space to ink it and as I was inking my beach scene realised I might be able to get two cards out of it.

This card was made from the negative cut of the letters. I added a stamped sentiment (unknown brand) and Clearly Besotted  hibiscus flowers and leaves.

Then I went to make my other card with the die cut letters and guess what? The S is missing!!!! Honestly, I seem to spend half my life searching for die-cuts!

I'd like to enter:
Curtain Call hibiscus
Less is More  perfect holiday
Shopping Our Stash  relaxin
Stamp Ink Paper  travel




Thanks to Stamp Ink Paper for picking this card.

14 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I lose things all the time in my space -- so frustrating!
Your card is so pretty and fun! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is soooo pretty with that wish background and vacation theme. Very beachy, very pretty!

Mac Mable said...

Yep been there too with the missing letters x Such a vibrant, contemporary card...love the bold wish die cut too x

Cardsbymaaike said...

i love the bold black letters against the background, so striking

Kathyk said...

Fab make, Marina, love your summer holiday blooms too

Kathyk

Susan said...

Love that inlaid die technique! Such a terrific card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Trina P. said...

Oh, I know that feeling too well. I use press n seal now to hold my diecuts. ;)
You created a beautiful tropical beach scene here. The negative black wish looks fabulous against those colours. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina :)

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Gorgeous card Marina! I wish I ws on the beach right now. Your tropical scene is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

chrissie said...

A gorgeous clean and crisp card Marina

Love Chrissie xx

Ros Crawford said...

Hee hee... I'm glad it's not just me that looses things... Fabulous card Marina!

Gingin said...

Very nice Marina!! I love the beach scene you created and the frame makes it look like a license plate which is just perfect for our travel theme. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

cotnob said...

This is a brilliant card Marina, such a clever way to use both parts of your die cut - I visited your posts backwards!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Neets B said...

A fabulous design idea, Marina. Love how you've framed the scene with the hibiscus flowers. I'm forever losing things, I found my mini MISTI stuck to the base of my pencils tin the other day...magnetic stash can be a nightmare! lol
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Sid said...

Great card for the LIM challenge ! Hope you find the 'S' !