In this month’s issue Riet van Zundert showed how to use acrylic blocks to create a frame , using distress ink and water spray. I tried this out and the effect was much more subtle than Riet’s ( she must have used more ink) but I liked it for the aged framing effect. I’d use this technique again.
I’d been looking for a nice picture of cherries so I could join in the challenge at The Shabby Tearoom. I got this one from The Graphics Fairy, which is from an old Mrs Beeton.
I printed the image onto coloured paper and then used the technique with the acrylic block. I tore and inked the edges. I stamped the same coloured paper with a musical script stamp. I put it all together with gingham paper, brads and a ‘get well soon’ sentiment. Hope you like it.
As well as The Shabby Tearoom, I’d like to enter this for the Get Well Soon challenge at Moving Along with the Times.