Thursday 18 August 2011

Magazine Addict - Mollie Makes Issue 4

I got inspired by a little piece,on page 38 , about artist Lizzie Allen, who screenprints London themes on wallpaper and cushions. Her website is http://www.lizzieallen.co.uk/.

I thought I'd do some London-themed stamping. For the first one, I used Artemio London  stamps (phone box and buses/taxis).The couple are by Unity Stamps.  Lots of masking here!


For the next one I used Arttemio again and the stamp positioner to repeat stamp the guardsman. I know it's really smudgy but I was in too much of a hurry to get my ideas done! Maybe I'll do a nice clean one sometime.


Also, on page 78, there was a cushion , made by a woman called Ali Binns, at a sewing workshop. To my delight I realised the fabric she used was from the same Makower series as two cushions I made earlier this year.


No comments: