Tuesday 12 November 2013

The Cruelty of Christmas


Cruel? Well, Christmas seems the ideal time to make over-the-top sparkly creations with a sleigh-load of embellishments, jingle-bells and all . Yet..... what I'm actually making is quick and easy, make-as-many-as-you-can, FLAT cards , that can be sent in the post.

This card wasn't quick and easy, to be honest, but it IS pretty flat. You can't see it. but I painted my white cardstock with Pearl -EX paint before stamping, to give it shimmer. I coloured the angel (Non-Sequitur, very old and well-used) with Promarkers and Pearl -Ex paint. I made the background using stamps, white embossing powder and distress inks. I added a brad and a final glitz of glitter spray (which again, you can't see!) .

I'd like to enter:
Nonni's Challenge Stamp a Happy Christmas - sorry it's taken me so long to enter!
A Creative Romance Blues
Vintage Stamping Challenges Traditional Christmas

6 comments:

chrissie said...

Lovely card a great idea to make them flat as postage has become so expensive these days

Love Chrissie x

sandie said...

Hi Marina, so glad you joined us at Nonni's Xmas card challenge. And with such a stunning card. Love all the sparkle. It doesn't look like this was easy and I bet took a while! x

brenda said...

As it’s something I really don’t like doing for a whole comment will admit to this being a copy and paste one because I am unable to type properly at the moment, but didn't want to miss the opportunity to take a look at your lovely creation and thank you for joining us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

Nonni said...

That's stunning! I really love the background and the colors you used. Thank you so much for joining my X mas stamping challenge!

Shirley said...

Beautiful Marina so magical and mystical.

Thank you for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Linda Levoir said...

Lovely card, the background that you've made is beautiful. Thanks for joining in with our Winter Blues Challenge at A Creative Romance :) xx